General Information on Foreign Scholarships
|General Information on Foreign Scholarships|
TEV has been granting scholarships for postgraduate studies (Master’s Degree), specialization in medicine and for research studies in order to enrich the qualified human resources of our country and for the training of senior executives and specialized professionals required in our country ever since 1969
TEV determines the fields and number of scholarships to be granted in accordance with TEV “Regulation on Foreign Scholarships” considering the budget resources and the requirement for outstanding human resources every year in the months of August and September.
APPLICATION FOR FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIPS AND SELECTION STAGE
Foreign scholarships for Graduate Studies (Master’s Degree) of Turkish Educational Foundation is announced every year in October with an advertisement of two days in the most widely circulated newspapers countrywide and in October and November on our website. Further, the advertisement is communicated to the corresponding faculties in the form of an announcement. Applicants meeting the defined criteria shall apply to TEV within the specified deadlines. Scholarships shall only be granted if the applicants have received acceptance from the best universities in the U.S.A. and Western Europe for which scholarships are granted. The current lists of the universities for which scholarships will be granted, may be obtained from TEV and also from the joint scholarship institutions following the announcement of the scholarships. Applicants are not asked to submit their acceptances received within the defined period from foreign universities to TEV. However, those applicants who have contacted foreign universities as of November should submit the acceptances received within the defined period to TEV. The defined periods in accordance with the programmes are communicated to the applicants separately following their applications.
Applicants are evaluated on the basis of their grade point averages, level of foreign language and test scores reflecting their vocational knowledge (GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS etc.), the outcome of interviews (the interview commission is composed of academicians from the faculties of the applicants and the representatives of the institutions that we collaborate) and the financial status of the families of the applicants.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE APPLICANTS
- a. To be a citizen of the Turkish Republic and under 30 years of age.
- b. To be a graduate or senior student from the faculties or vocational training schools studying in the specified fields (daytime undergraduate studies), [Only the graduates shall apply for the Business Administration programme (MBA)].
- c. To have a grade point average of at least 3 over 4 or at least 75 over 100 throughout higher education. (Those who study only in the Daytime Undergraduate Programmes in the Turkish universities shall apply to our scholarships).
- d. To have command of the language of the relevant foreign country, at a level found satisfactory required for the Master’s programme. (Language exam results shall be submitted to TEV within the period given following the application.)
1) Those who will study in English are asked to submit TOEFL (the minimum score should be 213, this exam is administered at Bilmerk in İstanbul, and at Turkish American Associations in Ankara and İzmir) or IELTS (the minimum score should be at least 6,5 and this test is administered by the British Council). Also, the vocational knowledge proficiency of those who will study in English is tested through GMAT in Business Administration and GRE in other fields. Applicants are required to be in the first 50% in these tests.
2) Those applicants who know German, French and Italian are required to provide proofs showing that they have competency in these languages at a level sufficient to attend graduate studies in the Universities in these countries, (These proof documents shall be obtained from the corresponding country Cultural centers in İstanbul, Ankara and İzmir).