Additional Information about National Scholarships
Extending The Terms Of Domestic Scholarships
For higher education students : A student's scholarship will continue in the next academic year, if he hasn't failed in any taken courses, if his current grade average is above 2.5 out of 4 or above 60 out of 100, is considered as successful by the academic institution and has successfully transitioned to the upper class.
Regardless of the grade average, the scholarship will continue if the student hasn't got completed any courses unsuccessfully. If the grade average is sufficient but the student has not more than 3 failed courses, the scholarship will be extended.
It is mandatory for a scholarship to pass the preparatory class successfully. (It is not sufficient that the year-end report states that the student has succeeded in the preparatory class, but has to document the year-end grade as well.)
For Master's and Doctorate Students : Students reported as successful will continue to receive their scholarships also the next year.
For Students at Vocational Schools: Having qualified to transition to the upper class and not having any failed courses from previous semester, makes the student eligible for the continuation of the scholarship in the next academic year.
BENEFITS OF OUR SCHOLARSHIPS
The purpose of the scholarship is:
- to encourage the student to work harder
- to encourage scholars to achieve outstanding results
- to establish the success pyramid of TEV scholarships
- to strengthen the relationship between TEV and scholars.
TEV's Higher Education Award for Outstanding Achievements :
The scholar is awarded with an extra payment of one month and TEV's Higher Education Certificate for Outstanding Achievements, if the overall grade point average of that student is above 3 out of 4 or at least 75 out of 100.
TEV's Higher Education Award for Class Bests :
Students, who achieve the highest overall grade average among their classmates or in their department, will be rewarded with an extra scholarship payment of two months and TEV's Higher Education Certificate for Class Bests.
TEV's Higher Education Honor Award :
Students, who complete their undergraduate studies and have the highest overall grade average among the other university or faculty students, will be rewarded with TEV's Higher Education Certificate of Honor, extra scholarship payment of 3 months, and if they desire to pursue a postgraduate study, TEV's Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies.
TEV's Postgraduate Honor Award :
With a GPA of minimum 3 out of 4 or 75 out of 100 at the end of the study, the scholar will receive TEV's Postgraduate Certificate of Honor, an extra payment of 3 months, and if planning to attend at a Doctorate program, TEV's Doctorate Scholarship.
TEV's Doctorate Honor Award :
Students, who complete their doctorate program and achieve a GPA with at least 3.5 out of 4 or 90 out of 100, will be awarded with TEV's Doctorate Certificate of Honor and an extra scholarship payment of 4 months.
TEV's Award for Being The Best in the School :
A TEV scholar, who completes the secondary school with the highest grade point average among the other graduates, will be awarded with an extra payment of 3 months and, if a higher education will be pursued, a scholarship for his higher education (only applicable for students in secondary education).
LIABILITIES of SCHOLARS
- Each scholar starts to receive his scholarship by knowing the terms and conditions of TEV's scholarship. With that, the scholar accepts the responsibility of any action which is going to be taken against him.
- The scholar is supposed to inform TEV about changes like studying in a new department, moving to another school, leaving temporarily the country, being unable to study further, etc.
- TEV requests from all educational institution the status of success of every TEV scholar. However, from time to time those certificates do not arrive at TEV. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the student to make sure that the status of success reports arrive at TEV. If the certificate is missing, then it is the responsibility of the student to send his transcript and the student report, which shows whether he is eligible to go to the upper class or not, to TEV until the end of September.
- Students, who wish to benefit from TEV's success awards and who are ranked first in the class, department or school, must send to TEV in addition to their transcripts also a certified report from their educational institution showing that they are the best student in that academic year.
- As a requirement of the scholarship program, scholars are obliged to participate at TEV's social activities.
- It is essential that scholars consider themselves during the scholarship program and also after it, as a member of the TEV family and see it as their responsibility to notify TEV about any changes in their addresses, telephones, and e-mails, in order to ensure a proper communication with TEV.
- TEV scholars consider it as a contentious responsibility to pay back after the completion of their studies the amount TEV had offered them when they start with their careers. It is also possible that each of them provides scholarships to at least one student to help them in their education likewise or ensures that someone else makes donations to TEV on behalf of them.
Additional Information :
- Students having received a TEV scholarship during their high school education and who have entered a university program directly without losing a year in between will continue to receive a scholarship if the university is appropriate to TEV's scholarship criteria (being a state university and having a formal education). Students, who wish to continue to receive their scholarships, need to apply to TEV themselves with an application letter and provide a copy of their ÖSYS exam results, their student certificate showing that they have enrolled in a university program, and their new contact address.
- Students, who have received a TEV scholarship during their undergraduate studies, will continue to receive a scholarship for their postgraduate studies, if they are ranked first among the faculty graduates and a break of one or more years have not been taken between their undergraduate and postgraduate studies. But the study must comply with TEV's scholarship criteria - it has to be done at a state university and in the program a thesis has to be obligatory. If those criteria are not met, a new application has to be submitted for a scholarship.
- If a student enrolls to a new higher education program despite the fact that this person was a TEV scholar in his previous higher education program, he has to apply to the new educational institute as a new candidate for scholarship program between September 20th and October 20th.
- Scholarship awards are usually paid together with the existing scholarship payment each year in December. However, success reports are mailed in February or March to the residential address of the family. Awards are not provided for preparatory classes.
TERMINATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Finalization of the Scholarship after its Normal Period
Students, who are reported as successful at the end of every academic year, continue to receive their scholarships during their normal period of study. Scholarship are finalized each year at the end June for those students who complete their studies within a normal period of time.
Finalization of Scholarship in Various Situations
Scholarship programs will be ended and will never be provided again, if one or more of these conditions exist:
- It is determined that the scholar receives from a public or private institution wages or scholarships or has a salary.
- The scholar is not succeeding as expected by the scholarship regulations
- Success reports (transcript and student report) haven't arrived at TEV.
- If it has been found out that the scholar does not comply with the requirements of the program.
- Required documents cannot be completed.
- The declared information is either wrong or missing
- The student moves to another school unless this has been a transfer which takes place without losing a year.
- The student is involved in disciplinary crimes.
- The student takes his registration on hold and freezes his study without informing the foundation.
- The student is married. This criterion does not apply to postgraduate and doctorate students.