Outstanding Success Scholarship
TEV has started to provide an 'Outstanding Success Scholarship' in 2007, in its 40th anniversary, with the aim of supporting the leaders of the future. In the academic year 2012-2013, TEV has awarded 216 students with the Outstanding Success Scholarship. Each of those students has received in total 9.500TL during the academic year 2012-2013 (over 9 months). Students who are according to their faculty placement scores in the top 2000 ranking in the categories MF1, MF2, MF3, MF4, TM1, TM2, TM3, TS1, and TS2 of the Undergraduate Exam (LYS) can apply to this scholarship. Students who are going to study fundamental science can apply for a scholarship if they are within the top 3000.
The Scholarship is applicable for those fields of education:
- Administrative Sciences
- Fundamental Sciences
- Social Sciences
Application Criteria :
- I. Being a citizen of the Turkish Republic
- II. Being devoted to the principles and reforms of Atatürk
- III.Success Criteria:
- a. Those who newly register for higher education need to be ranked in the top 2000 according to the categories MF1, MF2, MF3, MF4, TM1, TM2, TM3, TS1, TS2 of the LYS exam and are eligible to register to one of the programs mentioned above (Students who have applied for studies in Fundamental Science and have been ranked in the top 3.000 can also apply).
- b. 1st class students who have passed the preparatory year and 2nd class students may apply for a scholarship in case they are studying in one of the fields mentioned above. Those students need to be ranked within the first 2000 in the LYS exam; if applicable, are supposed to have passed the preparatory class with a grade average of 2.80 out of 4 or 70 out of 100, and if they have finished their 1st year, their grade average needs to be minimum 3.50 out of 4 or 87.5 out of 100.
- c. Having a strong personality, having strong national values, being reliable person, and possessing leadership skills
I. Applications have to be submitted from August 20th until September 20th.
II. The application form for TEV's Scholarship should be filled out online and afterwards printed out from our web site www.tev.org.tr. This printer output should be delivered together with the other required documents to TEV's General Directorate.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS :
For all applicants:
- Application form for TEV's Outstanding Success Scholarship (to be filled out online and printed from the web site )
- A written essay about the greatest successes or achievements in life – no longer than 1 page.
- A copy of the identity registration taken from the Directorate of Population or from district offices
- Photocopy of the identity card
- Proof of residency showing parents' location or a residential address proof
- 2 passport-size photographs
- Documents showing the financial position of the family (pay-slips for payroll holders, copy of income tax return for the self-employed, bank statement showing the monthly pension for retirees, in case of no income a statement from the Social Security Institution showing that there is no record for the father and mother)
- A copy of the LYS results or a print-out of that document from the web site http://sonuc.osym.gov.tr. That report should show the points per category and their rankings across all examinants.
- A copy of ÖSYS' placement result which shows the higher education school the student has to register at. The results can be also printed from the web site http://sonuc.osym.gov.tr
- A copy of the high school diploma which has to be certified by the notary or the high school itself or a graduation certificate to be received from the high school itself which will show the overall grade average.
For Students at Intermediate Classes :
- A transcript showing all the taken classes, their grades, and the current GPA has to be taken from and approved by the educational institution.
- If the applicant has completed the preparatory school, a certified transcript which shows the year-end grade according to a scale of either 4 or 100 must be provided. Documents which show the year-end results as 'pass' or 'fail' will not be accepted.
The files, which have been sent by the students for TEV's Outstanding Success Scholarship, will be subject to a pre-selection by the committee established at the General Directorate. Candidates who pass the pre-selection will be invited to the exam centers located in Istanbul and Ankara to write an essay. Candidates who will be short listed after the essay exam will be called to the test centers for an interview. Students who are going to be awarded with the Outstanding Success Scholarship will be primarily notified in writing.
PAYMENT OF SCHOLARSHIPS :
Scholarship payments will start latest within a period of one month after the beginning of each academic year to the students who have been selected for the TEV's scholarship program and who have completed their necessary documents after the official announcement. Payments are taking place between October and June for 9 months. During the other months there are no scholarship payments. Outstanding Success Scholars has received in total 9.500TL in the academic year 2012-2013.
CONTINUATION AND TERMINATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP :
Students who have been awarded with the Outstanding Success Scholarship will continue to receive this scholarship during their education, if their overall grade average is above 3.20 out 4 or above 80 out of 100. Students having attended at the preparatory class must complete that class with minimum 2.80 out of 4, 70 out of 100, or at least with the grade B. Scholars, who are documented to be successful at the end of each academic year, will be eligible to continue to receive their scholarships. Scholarship payments to students who complete their studies in a normal time frame will be ended in June.
CONTENTIOUS RESPONSIBILITY :
Each TEV scholar considers it as a contentious responsibility and, therefore, accepts to pay back the amount, which has been paid to him by TEV, when starting a career or by providing scholarship to another student via TEV, or, as a last option, by identifying someone who is going to make donations to TEV on behalf of him.
OUTSTANDING SUCCESS SCHOLARSHIP IN ARTS :
Because of its 40th anniversary, TEV has started in 2007 to give Outstanding Success Scholarships to the leaders of the future. Accordingly, each year 2-3 students are selected in the field of arts.
Candidates are proposed by the universities for the Outstanding Success Scholarship. TEV connects with the universities about this scholarship program in September to ask them to nominate candidates.