TEV Scholarships for Education (Higher Education)
TEV provides scholarships to university, college and vocational higher education school students who are devoted to the principles and reforms of Atatürk, have national values and a strong character, are successful but lack financial support.
APPLICATION CRITERIA :
- I- Being citizen of the Turkish Republic
- II- Being devoted to the principles and reforms of Atatürk,
- III-Having insufficient financial conditions:
- In need of financial support according to wealth and income, not working for a gainful job, and not getting payments from any private or public institution, not having a salary or any scholarship.
- IV-Success Criteria:
- a) New registrants of faculty or higher education schools should have an upper ranking according to school entry points
- b) For those who are at intermediate classes: Not having a failed course or having an overall grade average of at least 2.5 out of 4 or 60 points out of 100 and being eligible to pass to the upper class. Those who have an overall grade average above 3.0 but 3 failed lessons cannot apply to this scholarship.
- V) Having a strong personality and robust national values and being a reliable person.
P.S: Those who are studying at private universities, distance learning schools, evening classes, or attending at exchange programs cannot benefit from this scholarship program. Additionally, seniors, married candidates, and candidates above the age of 25 cannot apply to this program. If a family member is already receiving a TEV Scholarship, a second scholarship cannot be provided to that family at the same time.
Turkish Educational Foundation provides scholarships to successful students who are in need of financial support and study at universities, colleges, vocational higher education schools. Scholars are chosen by the scholarship committees in accordance with TEV's scholarship conditions. A representative from TEV is also in charge during the selection process.
- I- Applications for scholarships are accepted between September 20th and October 20th.
- II- The application form for TEV's Scholarship should be filled out online and afterwards printed from our web site www.tev.org.tr. This printer output should be delivered together with the other required documents to the educational institution.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS :
In addition to 'TEV Scholarship Application Form” which has to be obtained from TEV's website, following documents are additionally required and have to be handed over to the educational institution:
- I- Those who newly register to a higher education should provide a copy of their LYS and ÖSYS results
- II- Those who study at intermediate classes should submit a transcript which has to be approved by the educational institution and contain the list of classes taken, their grades, and the current overall average grade.
- III- TEV's 'Conscious Responsibility Document' which you will find at the end of the online scholarship application form, a copy of your identity registration taken from the Directorate of Population or from district offices, proof of residency showing parents' location or a residential address proof, birth certificate copy, two passport-size photographs, student certificate taken from an approved educational institution, copy of bank statement showing the debit account opened on behalf of the student, documents showing the financial position of the family (pay-slips for payroll holders, copy of income tax return for self-employed, bank statement showing the monthly pension for retirees, in case of no income a statement from the Social Security Institution showing that there is no record for father and mother).
The scholarship committees in each educational institution select main and reserve candidates out of the applicants based on the allocations determined by TEV for each scholarship program. The members of the committee will create a protocol which will contain in an appendix the application documents of all chosen candidates. After being signed at least by three teachers, that protocol has to be sent to the General Directorate of the Turkish Educational Foundation. The official results will be directly communicated to students in writing and additionally TEV's website (www.tev.org.tr) will announce the scholars.
PAYMENT OF SCHOLARSHIPs :
Scholarship payments will start latest within a period of one month after the beginning of each academic year to the students who have been selected for the TEV's scholarship program and who have completed their necessary documents after the official announcement. Payments are taking place between October and June for 9 months. During the other months there are no scholarship payments.
TERMINATION OF SCHOLARSHIPS :
The students who meet at the end of the academic year the success criteria of the Domestic Scholarship Regulations are eligible to receive their scholarships throughout their normal education period. Scholarships are ended in June when students have finished their normal education period.
CONCENTIOUS RESPONSIBILITY :
Each TEV scholar considers it as a contentious responsibility and, therefore, accepts to pay back the amount, which has been paid to him by TEV, when starting a career or by providing scholarship to another student via TEV, or, as a last option, by identifying someone who is going to make donations to TEV on behalf of him.