TEV Scholarships for Technical and Vocational High Schools
TEV provides scholarships to Technical and Industrial Vocational High School and Tourism and Hotel Management Vocational High School students who are devoted to the principles and reforms of Atatürk, have national values and a strong character, are successful but lack financial support
CONDITIONS FOR CANDIDATES :
- I- Being devoted to principles and reforms of Atatürk,
- II- Being in need of financial support; not working for any gainful business opportunity, not receiving any salaries, payments or scholarships.
- III-Success Criteria:
- a) For those who just applied to Vocational Education: to be among the highest ranked according to school entry points (for entrants with examination) or according to the diploma grade of all registrants (preferably being in the upper half according to the entry points among all entrants of that school)
- b) For students in intermediate classes: Not having any unsuccessful lesson from prior year, having a high overall grade average and being eligible to move to the upper class.
- IV- Being robust and reliable in terms of character and national feelings. (Scholarships are only granted to Technical and Industrial Vocational High School students, other fields of study cannot benefit this program. Also, a second member from the same family cannot benefit from these scholarships).
Turkish Educational Foundation, provides scholarships to successful students who are in need of financial support and study at Technical and Industrial Vocational High Schools or Tourism and Hotel Management Vocational High Schools.
- I- Application dates are between 20 September and 20 October.
- II- The application form for TEV's Scholarship should be filled out online and afterwards printed from our web site www.tev.org.tr. This printer output should be delivered together with the other required documents to the educational institution.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS :
In addition to 'TEV Scholarship Application Form" which has to be obtained from TEV's website, following documents are additionally required and have to be handed over to the educational institution:
- I- Those who newly register should submit documents showing their school entry points or diploma grades
- II- Those who study in intermediate classes should provide their class report from previous year
- III- TEV's 'Conscious Responsibility Document' which you will find at the end of the online scholarship application form, a copy of your identity registration taken from the Directorate of Population or from district offices, proof of residency showing parents' location or a residential address proof, birth certificate copy, two passport-size photographs, student certificate taken from an approved educational institution, copy of bank statement showing the debit account opened on behalf of the student, documents showing the financial position of the family (pay-slips for payroll holders, copy of income tax return for self-employed, bank statement showing the monthly pension for retirees, in case of no income a statement from the Social Security Institution showing that there is no record for father and mother).
The scholarship committees in each educational institution select main and reserve candidates out of the applicants based on the allocations determined by TEV for each scholarship program. The members of the committee will create a protocol which will contain in an appendix the application documents of all chosen candidates. After being signed at least by three teachers, that protocol has to be sent to the General Directorate of the Turkish Educational Foundation. The official results will be directly communicated to students in writing and additionally TEV's website (www.tev.org.tr) will announce the scholars.
PAYMENT OF SCHOLARSHIPS :
Scholarship payments will start latest within a period of one month after the beginning of each academic year to the students who have been selected for the TEV's scholarship program and who have completed their necessary documents after the official announcement. Payments are taking place between October and June for 9 months. During the other months there are no scholarship payments.
TERMINATION OF SCHOLARSHIPS :
The students who meet at the end of the academic year the success criteria of the Domestic Scholarship Regulations are eligible to receive their scholarships throughout their normal education period. Scholarships are ended in June when students have finished their normal education period.
CONCENTIOUS RESPONSIBILITY :
Each TEV scholar considers it as a contentious responsibility and, therefore, accepts to pay back the amount, which has been paid to him by TEV, when starting a career or by providing scholarship to another student via TEV, or, as a last option, by identifying someone who is going to make donations to TEV on behalf of him.